Whether it’s a virtual open house or you’re actually visiting the house, that first impression is everything! Why is it so important? Because even if it’s just 20 minutes, you can really get a sense of what the home offers and if you see yourself living there with your family. But how can we know if the house we are looking at is our future home? Here are 5 tips to find your perfect home in Calabasas!
Our 5 Tips:
- Take a look around the neighborhood or do a Google search of it before saying yes to that perfect home! So many people are immediately drawn to a house without even getting to know the neighborhood or surroundings. But, why is it that important? Knowing some background info about it can be very helpful. For example, have the home values been decreasing or increasing lately? What will happen if, say you want to sell later? Or, if you have children, take a look around and ask if the street becomes a popular rush-hour shortcut. This could be a possible danger for your children if they are to play outside. And what about supermarkets, gas stations, and hospitals? How close or far away are they?
- Home Inspection? Yes, please! Although certain things can lead you to say “no thank you” even before having a thorough home inspection. Like what? Signs like a moldy smell, flaky plaster, and watermarked walls or ceilings can be a huge no when looking at a house. And if you don’t see anything alarming at first, always go for a home inspection. Before you close any sale on that “perfect home”, you need to know in what shape the house is. You don’t want to get stuck with a money pit or with the headache of performing a lot of unexpected (and potentially expensive) repairs!
- Is the plumbing up to date? Knowing this is super important when searching for the perfect home and many people never even ask about it! Did you know that the average cost to replacing the plumbing system in a medium-sized home is $15,000? You just spent thousands of dollars in a new home, in furniture and whatnot, and now in plumbing? No thank you!
- Have an open mind! This does not mean you are going to buy the ugliest and oldest house thinking you will flip it around like the Scott Brothers but, at least have some vision and don’t say no just because the kitchen still has an 80s wallpaper. That’s why paint is for! And yes, this goes especially for all the wives and moms out there that say no to practically every house we show them. *sigh* Have a vision of what your perfect home should be like but always be reasonable. We are real estate agents, not magicians.
- And last but certainly not least…NEVER try to walk into a deal without a real estate agent or broker! Agents are held to the ethical rule that they must act in both the seller’s and the buyer’s best interests. And not only are they there to help you find your perfect home, but they can also get to know what you are specifically searching for and narrow down the houses for you.
5 Tips to Find Your Perfect Home in Calabasas! Review
Whether it’s your first time looking for a place of your own or you have done this several times, always have our tips in mind. Who knows and maybe you find that perfect home in Calabasas! If you are still searching for your dream house, contact The Astman Group today.